Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

We adopted a new family member!

I have wanted to be able to have a dog for quite a few years.  Lou and I decided that it would be best to wait until we had our own house so we didn't have to worry about renting a place that allowed dogs.  I knew that getting a dog was necessary when I saw how happy Julia was around dogs.  We have been looking online for a while and we found a black German Shepard on petfinder.com that we were both interested in.  Today we went out to an adoption event at Petco to see her and loved her.  So, we filled out the application and adopted her!


Without further ado, I introduce our doggy!  She's an 8 month old German Shepard.  She is still in need of her rabies shot and to be spayed.  We will get her on Monday the 18th.  I'm so excited to get her home and really get to know her and let her have her "furever" home!  And that means we have a little over a week to come up with a name for her.  Her name now is Koda, but neither Lou or I like that.  I am thinking I want a German name for her, but I haven't found the right one yet.  I will have to keep thinking and looking around for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment