Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A little crazy around here!

The moving is underway and things are a bit crazy around here!  It all started last week.  My parents started staying at their new house and we brought Hexe (oh yeah, the dog's new name is Hexe) home on Monday.  She is doing pretty well adjusting to life here.  She is a VERY loyal dog.  She doesn't leave my side if she can help it.  It's pretty cute, but there are times where I wish I could just go throw something in the trash or go to the bathroom without her following me.  It's kind of like having two of Julia around here!  She is great with Julia though.  She puts up with Julia "petting" her and climbing on her with out even batting an eye.  We have been pretty lucky with that.  I think it's because she knows that if she is nice to Julia, she will get bits of food thrown to her from the high chair every time Julia eats!

This is what a typical meal time looks like with these two!  It might not be the best behavior, but Hexe is really nice when she takes the food and we all know Julia doesn't miss a meal, so I'm not worried about her not eating. 

Another thing to change now that I am a dog owner is that I get up around 6am!  Hexe doesn't like to be left alone.  I think it's from being a shelter dog and a loyal German Shepard.  That means that I have to get up with her when Lou leaves for work.  It has it's benefits though.  As I sit here writing this at 8:56 am, Julia is quietly asleep, I have done the dishes, dinner is in the crockpot, I have checked my email, I picked out paint colors for the living room, kitchen and bathroom, and I am making a blog post without having to stop to do any of the loads of stuff I normally have to do in a day.  It's really nice!

Yum, beef pot roast!  And now I don't have to think about what I am going to make for dinner tonight.  I am also able to fall asleep before 2am.  We will see how this 6am thing is going for me in another month, but for now I am enjoying my peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment