Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Scavenger Hunt at Clickin' Moms

I have always enjoyed taking pictures.  I am much more comfortable BEHIND the camera rather than in front of the camera.  I remember my first camera ever.  It was a Fisher Price film camera that I got when I was like 8, maybe.  I would spend my allowance on film and developing. 

The summer of 2009 I purchased a used Canon Rebel DSLR off eBay for $250.  I purposly bought a used camera so that I didn't have the huge investement in a camera that I didn't know how to use.  My goal was to learn to use the camera, then upgrade.



Well, two years later, I have taken two photograohy courses at GRCC, and purchsed my new DSLR.  I sold my camera to Casey so that she could learn how to use a DSLR without a huge investment like I did.  I went from the 300D (one of the first Rebels) to the Ti1.  Shortly after purchasing my new camera (in April) school got a little crazy and I haven't been able to use it as much as I would like.  I am finally done with my summer classes and am taking a summer break until September.  While I am on break I want to take some time to get out and take pictures again.



Clickinmoms.com is an online forum for mom photographers, whether hobbyists or professional.  I just joined the site, but so far I can see that there are a lot of tips and women to help me learn more about photography.  This month they are running a scavenger hunt.  I have a list of over 300 pictures to take and the prizes are FABULOUS!!!

If you are interested in checking out the site, or joining in on the scavenger hunt go HERE!

I took 6 of the pictures today, so be on the lookout.  I will post at least once a week with all the pictures I will be taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment