Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Color Schemes...

For the first time EVER I get to completely decorate a house and paint the walls what ever color I want!  I think it's going to be the best, yet most difficult, thing about making our house truly OURS!  We are purchasing my parents house, so to make it ours instead of my parents, I really want to make things my style.  

I'm thinking I want to get grey carpet in the living room/dining room.  As I've been trying to decide how I want to do the rest of the room I keep coming back to photos of grey, white, and shades of blue!


I'm loving this with the dark brown being black instead.  I might want the blue to be a little brighter, but this is a good starting place.


And this picture had just sucked me right in!  I love the arrangement above the couch, and the fact that the couch has the chaise that I want, I'm really loving this!


When I first started thinking about a couch, I envisioned a white slipcovered couch.  Then I read a lot of blog posts about the amount of washing is required and began to second guess that idea.  After seeing this grey couch I think this might be a better idea for a family with a one year old and wanting a dog!


And then there is this... First, zebra upholstery!  I think I am going to try something like this in the black/white on my dining chairs. (That I still need to find, paint, and upholster!)  And I really like the long blue curtains.

I am definitely getting the itch to start the decorating!  Next up is deciding what to do in a kitchen with dark green countertops!



No comments:

Post a Comment