Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Once a Month Cooking...

Once a month cooking (OAMC) is something I have wanted to try for a while now.  I think it would work out well for our family size and our busy schedules to have some meals ready in the freezer to pull out and throw in the oven.  I have a hard time cooking for 2 adults and a toddler.  We always have leftovers and we are not good about eating them before they go bad.  I think cooking with the intentions of saving some for later meals would help us save money.  We wouldn't be throwing food away and we would have dinner ready to go in a pinch instead of running out for food.

Here are some of the recipes I want to try:
Mini Meatloaves
Chicken Chow Mein
Cheesy Rotini
Corn Flake Potato Casserole
Asparagus Casserole
Turkey & Corn Tortellini Soup (looks great for Thanksgiving leftovers!)
Seafood Pasta Casserole
Bacon Wrapped Garlic Chicken
Pizza Pasta Casserole
Chicken Kiev
Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken and Dumplings
Pea Soup
French Toast (homemade then cooked in the toaster instead of boxed!)
Hot Sub Sandwiches
Mashed Potatoes (freeze in serving sizes, great idea!)
Shepard's Pie
Stuffed Peppers
Mac & Cheese
Pizza Bagels
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches (great idea for going out of the house for lunches)
Ham & Cheese Sandwiches

My goal is to start slow.  I will try out some of these recipes and do a make one freeze one plan.  That way I will start my freezer meal stockpile as well as save money by freezing extras instead of throwing them away.

If you have any good freezer recipes, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment