Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

I Mustache U a Question: gel-a-tins DT layout

Casey sent me this picture one afternoon while Luke was at work with her.  I think it sums up his personality!  I loved using it to create this layout for gel-a-tin stamps!

Supplies:
Mustache Mania stamp set - gel-a-tin stamps
watermark ink - versamark
black ink - studio g
Twill tape - Stampin' Up
black alphas - American Crafts thickers
journaling spot and word banners - echo park This and That Charming line
U - pink paislee


I had fun with the Mustache Mania stamp set!  First, I stuck the mustache stamps all over my acrylic block to create a fun background stamp and used Versamark ink to create a tone on tone background paper.  I then stamped a mustache in black ink onto cardstock and cut it out.  To get a more worn out look with my image, I first stamped onto scrap paper, then onto the cardstock.  


I also used the stamps again to create a patterned ribbon.  I used repositionable adhesive and stuck the ribbon down to my work surface.  I then added my three favorite stamps to my block.  I then stamped the images repeatedly on the ribbon.  

One of my favorite things about gel-a-tins stamps is that I can add a bunch of the stamps onto the block so that I can stamp a few times and get multiple images.  It makes it so that I can get the effect I want without having to stamp each image individually.  It makes stamping a background paper a lot faster!



No comments:

Post a Comment