Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Monthly Roundup - February


What reading/learning did I do this month? 






I started my BSW program this month!  My first class was wonderful.  I am the youngest person in my class.  That is a HUGE change from my associates degree classes.




What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month? (movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)




I started watching the new series, Smash.  I really liked the first episode, the second one was ok, and now I can't decide if I will continue to watch it or not.


I don't remember who, but someone posted this Elmo video on Facebook and Julia has been hooked ever since!  We watch it a couple times a week at least.

What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?



Julia and I spent a week with Casey and her family in Flint.  When Lou started the living room project, I decided it would be best to just get Julia out of dodge!


We celebrated Logan's 2nd birthday with a dinosaur party!


We celebrated Oliver's 2nd birthday at the Children's Museum with a Sesame Street theme!


Keira has started using the "Big Girl Potty" so we celebrated with her at Chuck E. Cheese.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

We bought new carpet for the living room as well as drywall and paint!  I am so excited for it to be completed Friday.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?



I managed to deep fry my fingers while making crab cakes.  I think the burn was the worst pain I can remember having in my life.  And don't forget, I have given birth!  On top of that I had to get a tetanus shot.  That is something I'm glad I won't have to do again for at least 10 years!!!


What were my disappointments this month?


I tried to potty train Julia.  We started trying the 7-days no diapers method.  By day 3, she was not having it.  I didn't want to traumatize her by forcing her to do it, so we will let it go for now and try again in a few months.

How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)


I got a little behind with Project Life.  I ended up taking a couple weeks off from my Sunday scrap days due to the living room project.  I have printed pictures and put them into the pages, but I have to go back and add my journaling.

Anything else noteworthy to include?


HUGE project in our house this month.  We did the overhaul of the living/dining room.  The ceiling was drywalled, new crown moulding was installed, the walls and trim was painted, old carpet was removed, and new carpet will be here Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment