Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013



Each week will be broken down into three prompts: crafting based, writing based and picture based.  You can participate with 1, 2 or all 3 of the prompts or you can decide each week what speaks to you and do that.  Remember: there is no right or wrong way to participate, do what inspires you!

Prompt 1 (crafting based): Create a project that represents you at the beginning of your storytelling journey.  This is a great time to prep a mini-album; or pull together supplies that you love (or have been scared to use).



For this week's crafting prompt I have pulled out a Smashbook that I have been holding onto since October.  I love that there is an eclectic collection of papers in this book, so I can pick a page that already has a pretty design and just add my story or pictures, or I can add my own elements and embellish the page the way I want.  I will use this for the majority of the workshop, but I may also create 12x12 layouts that I will add in with my regular albums I already have started.

Prompt 2 (writing based): Gather up some of your favorite writing supplies and re-visit the prompts on the worksheet.  Expand upon 2-3 of the questions that you'd like to answer most.

I used Wordle to create a collage based on questions 2 of  the worksheet, "Who are you?"


Prompt 3 (picture based): Start taking pictures every day.  Set a goal (5 pictures a day) and reall work at capturing the little details that happen throughout each day.

I have really been making an effort this week to take pictures of the little things in my day.  My focus this week has been to capture the little things that brighten my day.  You can follow my instagram feed (KimL141) and #findyourvoice to see what other participants are taking pictures of this week.  Here are a couple of my week so far:





Have you worked on week 1 yet?  Please share a link to your posts or instagram feed.  Also be sure to join the facebook group to connect with other participants!




13 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to take sweaty selfies :) I always want to document the fact that YES! I worked out like a madwoman and here's proof!

    Doing the wordle to describe yourself is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

      Delete
  2. Great job. Love the wordle. Pole burn... is that pole dancing? :) I decided to use a Smash book too. I think I have seven that haven't been used because I didn't want to mess them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I started an 8 week pole fitness class. I've received some odd looks and eyebrow raises, but it's a really good work out and a ton of fun!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kim
    I am
    also in the group and I am just starting on the questions and set up a blog page to use as I have always wanted to be a blogger so this is my first step. my BlogSpot is http://granniskorner.blogspot.com
    I love your page and hope this will be a fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added you to my bloglovin' list so I can follow along!

      Delete
  4. Wordle?!!!! Ohmyword. Yes, so yes! Gonna do that yet this week, GREAT idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hadn't used wordle in FOREVER, but I didn't just want a boring list of adjectives to describe myself, so I went back to wordle!

      Delete
  5. Love the pictures! Waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ( fellow FYV ) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool interpretation of the writing based prompt! I've never heard of Wordle - I learn new things everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've decided to use a Smash book I bought a while back for my FYV projects as well.. glad to see someone else putting it to the same task! Adorable pictures of your little one. And thanks for the tip about Wordle - way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great so far! I love that you are using a smashbook for this-such a good idea! Also, the Wordle is very cool!

    ReplyDelete